I found this nifty little tool which runs a HTML5 check on your pages. I plan on fixing up everything with this theme, as well as this theme is currently relying heavily on the old theme’s css and I need to break more of the stuff a part for smacss.
Punch list of things to fix:
- Be 100% HTML5/CSS3 valid.
- I need to fix the menu/sidebar so it is responsive. You know, take advantage of Bootstrap
- Start eliminating overwritten and excess CSS. Example:
- I need to break more of the code a part into “layers”.
- I would like to move the random color code generator from PHP into JS.
- I want the posts to load in a modal instead of loading a new page.
- I want my theme to meet and exceed Google RAIL guidelines.
- I want my theme to meet Google AMP.
PS csstriggers has some interesting information on what CSS styles can trigger layout, paint, and composite calculates in different browsers.